Can Chiropractic Help?
Chiropractic care is an approach to health and well being that centers around the body’s own natural ability to function and heal itself.
Chiropractic is based on the scientific knowledge that tension, misalignment or altered function of your spine (known as subluxations) can interfere with the flow of information and energy along your nerves, and may dramatically affect the function of your body.
Our Doctors of Chiropractic focus on improving the function of your spine, which in turn frees the flow of information throughout your nervous system. This helps your body to better coordinate its functions, adapt to stress and heal itself. Chiropractic care at Highett Health and Wellness may help you find relief from aches, pains and the symptoms associated with a some common conditions.
WHAT IS A SUBLUXATION AND WHAT IS ITS IMPACT?
A vetebral subluxation is an area of altered spinal motion, tension or misalignment that interferes with the flow of information along spinal nerves and throughout the nervous system.
You may be surprised to learn that most subluxations exist without obvious spinal pain or discomfort.
The causes of subluxation can be classified into three main types of stress:
- Physical Stress: injuries, accidents, slips, falls, childbirth, prolonged ‘abnormal’ postures, subtle repetitive movements.
- Mental and Emotional Stress: upsets, arguments, personal traumas, work pressure.
- Chemical Stress: toxins, additives and chemicals used in food production, medications and environmental pollutants.
Some of the possible effects of subluxation include:
- Spinal degeneration and decay
- Low back pain, neck pain and headaches
- Poor posture and altered spinal curves such as scoliosis
- Reduced function of the various organs and systems of your body
- Changes in muscular tension
- Reduced flexibility, balance, muscle strength and coordination
- Reduced vitality and energy levels
BENEFITS OF CHIROPRACTIC
While Chiropractic care is very effective in relieving symptoms such as back pain, neck pain and headaches, the primary focus of the Chiropractors at Highett Health and Wellness is to assist you in becoming as healthy as genetically possible. We believe good health is so much more than the absence of illness or disease.
Some of the possible benefits of Chiropractic care include:
- Improved function of you body’s organs and systems
- Improved posture
- Reduced spinal degeneration or decay
- Greater energy and vitality
- Greater flexibility, strength and muscle coordination
- Reduced tension, pain, headaches and other symptoms
Talk to one of our experienced Chiropractors to learn how we can help guide you on your journey to optimal health and wellness.