Need a Sports Performance Boost?
Your nervous system is your body’s control center. It looks after all of your body’s functions from breathing, digestion, heart rate and blood pressure, to immunity, brain function and your emotional well being. Every movement, every thought, every feeling and every function is directed through your nervous system.
SUBLUXATION AND SPORTING PERFORMANCE
In response to stress – physical, mental, emotional and chemical, ‘subluxations’ are formed. A vertebral subluxation is an area of altered spinal motion, tension or misalignment that interferes with the flow of information along spinal nerves and throughout your nervous system. Research has shown that even tiny amounts of added pressure (as light as the weight of a 5 cent coin) can dramatically affect the way it functions and the clarity and speed of the messages that travel up and down your nervous system.
Clearing your nervous system of interference not only helps you to be well and healthy, it also helps you to thrive, excel and perform at your best.
CHIROPRACTIC CARE AND IMPROVED SPORTING PERFORMANCE
Research has shown that regular Chiropractic care can improve athletic ability and performance while also reducing the chance of injury. Studies have shown dramatic decreases in the response times of athletes receiving regular Chiropractic care with, one particular study showing a 30% decrease in hand reaction time.
Chiropractic care has been shown to help:
- Enhance coordination
- Improve speed
- Improve flexibility, strength and muscle condition
Research shows that regular Chiropractic care may be the key to unlocking your performance by helping you to:
- Have more energy
- Be more flexible with better posture
- Have more mobility and strength
- Improve your reflex and reaction times
- Have more mental clarity and ability to focus
- Be at your peak performance
SPORTS MASSAGE AND IMPROVED SPORTING PERFORMANCE
Athletes of all shapes and sizes need to keep their body in top condition, maintain flexibility and be free from injury and muscle soreness in order to achieve peak performance. The sports massage offered at Highett Health and Wellness caters for active sports people who place a high demand on their muscles. Regular Remedial Massage treatment relieves stress and tension that can build up in the body’s soft tissues while exercising. These stresses can lead to injury if left untreated.
The benefits of pre and post performance sports massage at Highett Health and Wellness include;
- Reduced swelling and relief from pain
- Reduced muscle tension and increased flexibility
- Decreased heart rate and blood pressure
- Increased blood circulation and lymphatic flow
- Faster muscle tissue healing
- General relaxation and decreased muscle fatigue
- Faster recovery from injuries that result from overexertion and overuse, such as such as shin splints, tennis elbow, strains and corked thigh
Talk to one of our experienced Chiropractors and our experienced Remedial Massage Therapist to learn how we can help you achieve peak performance.