Can Remedial Massage Help?
Remedial Massage is commonly referred to as deep tissue massage and is used to facilitate the body’s return to normal health following injury, or to aid in the relief of muscular-skeletal conditions.
Michelle Flintoft and Michelle Hessey are our in-house Remedial Massage Therapists with countless years of experience helping clients find relief from a multitude of symptoms and conditions. Some of the common conditions treated in our practice are;
- Sports injuries
- Muscle tightness and pain
- Hamstring, calf and groin strain
- Shin splints
- Neck, shoulder and arm pain
- Frozen shoulder and rotator cuff injury
- Tennis elbow or golfer’s elbow
- Headaches and Migraines
- Pre and post pregnancy related discomfort, aches and pains
Our team are highly sort after for their experience with helping athletes and competitive sports people prepare for competition and rehabilitate afterwards. The sports massage offered at Highett Health and Wellness caters for active sports people who place a high demand on their muscles, joints and ligaments. Athletes of all shapes and sizes need to keep their body in top condition, maintain flexibility and remain free from injury and muscle soreness in order to achieve peak performance.
Our team are also experienced in caring for expectant and new mothers seeking relief from aches and pains caused by the dramatic changes their bodies go through before and after childbirth. Post pregnancy massage can be highly effective in relieving the tension caused by the repetitive and awkward position mothers sit in to breast feed their children.
Whether preparing for sporting competition, rehabilitating from injury or seeking relief from stress and tension, our patients appreciate the multitude of benefits Remedial Massage treatment offers;
- Reduced swelling and relief from pain
- Reduced muscle tension and increased flexibility
- Decreased heart rate and blood pressure
- Increased blood circulation and lymphatic flow
- Faster muscle tissue healing
- General relaxation and decreased muscle fatigue
- Relief from aches and pains pre and post pregnancy
- Faster recovery from injuries that result from overexertion and overuse; shin splints, tennis elbow, strains and ‘corked thigh’
HOW REMEDIAL MASSAGE CAN HELP
Both ladies offer a varied and personalised treatment approach of light and deep tissue massage, traditional Chinese cupping, trigger point therapy, stretching and taping.
To find out if Remedial Massage can help you, contact us and schedule an appointment today.